Find more information about current specification, software and developers.
If you are interested in learning more about the technical details of Bitcoin, it is recommended you start with these documents.
- Satoshi Nakamoto - PGP
- Gavin Andresen - firstname.lastname@example.org - PGP
- Pieter Wuille - email@example.com - PGP
- Nils Schneider - firstname.lastname@example.org - PGP
- Jeff Garzik - email@example.com - PGP
- Wladimir J. van der Laan - firstname.lastname@example.org - PGP
- Gregory Maxwell - email@example.com - PGP
If you find a vulnerability related to Bitcoin, non-critical vulnerabilities can be emailed in English to any of the core developers or sent to the private firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list. An example of a non-critical vulnerability would be an expensive-to-carry-out denial of service attack. Critical vulnerabilities that are too sensitive for unencrypted email should be sent to one or more of the core developers, encrypted with their PGP key(s).
Bitcoin is free software and any developer can contribute to the project. Everything you need is in the GitHub repository. Please make sure to read and follow the development process described in the README, as well as to provide good quality code and respect all guidelines.
Development discussion takes place on GitHub and the bitcoin-development mailing list at sourceforge. Less formal development discussion happens on irc.freenode.net #bitcoin-dev (web interface, logs).
More free software projects
- bitcoinj - A Java implementation of a Bitcoin client-only node used in thin SPV Bitcoin clients.
- MultiBit - A thin SPV international Bitcoin client for desktops.
- Bitcoin Wallet for Android - A thin SPV Bitcoin client for mobiles.
- Armory - A Bitcoin client with enhanced security features.
- Electrum - A fast Bitcoin client relying on remote servers to store the block chain.
- BFGMiner - Modular Bitcoin mining software.
- libblkmaker and python-blkmaker - Client side libraries for the getblocktemplate mining protocol.
- Hive - A fast user-friendly SPV Bitcoin client.
- picocoin - A tiny bitcoin library, with lightweight client and utils.
- python-bitcoinlib - A library for Bitcoin written in python.
- Bits of Proof Enterprise Bitcoin Server - A modular implementation of the Bitcoin protocol in Java.
- btcd - A full node bitcoin implementation written in Go.
- Eloipool - A fast Python mining pool server software.
- Show more...
(Ordered by number of commits)